February 12, 2019

Brush Guard Quick Release - FOUND

When I got my G55 the brush guard was loose. Turns out one of the quick release bolts was missing. When I called the Salt Lake MB dealer where I purchased the truck about the missing part they quickly offered to find me one. Two weeks later I got a call saying that Mercedes-Benz parts did not have any and they could not find one. A year later I was in Pheonix and it was time for my "C-Service" so while at the service desk for Glendale Mercedes I asked again if they could find the quick release bolt. They said no problem and, like before, after two weeks of looking they could not find one.

I then turned my attention online and checked Four By Four Club and Euro Truck Importers and both showed the part out of stock just as the previous year. This is so strange because the bolt is a common part used by the OEM brush guard for years. 

For those of you who have removed your brush guard, you know this is no normal bolt. It uses a special tool and is not something that can easily be replaced. 

Last week, I decided to look hard to locate one. I looked on eBay, checked the usual places again and after coming up short, started looking on Google images. After some digging, I finally found one. Yes, the price was high, but I was approaching desperation. I had never ordered anything from G-Wagon Accessories before but now it was time to change that so I ordered it. The bolt came in three days and fit perfectly. 

While there I looked over their offerings, and while the prices are high, they do offer a lot of accessories that can enhance the off-road experience of late model G-Wagons. I may have to get the rear bumper and trailer hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment